Old August 20th 09, 02:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Chuck Chuck is offline

Default MFJ-269 Antenna Analyzer experience

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 11:29:16 +0800, "Peter" wrote:

Hi all

I'm looking at purchasing an MFJ269 antenna analyser and keen to hear
experience of others in this group regarding this or similar analysers.
Appears to be ideal if it is as good as MFJ claim.

I can't provide any info on the MFJ269, but I wonder whether the
MFJ993B automatic antenna tuner might serve a similar purpose, with
two big advantages over the 269. One is that it relies on your
transmitter rather than on an internal RF source so it is less likely
to be overwhelmed by nearby broadcast transmitters; and the other is
that it is also a decent antenna tuner.

The 993B uses some of the same circuits found in the 259. Of course,
there are some things the 269 will do that the 993B won't help with.

73,

Chuck
NT3G