Old August 20th 09, 03:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default removing guy wires on tower

"'Doc" wrote in message
Just from what you've posted, your tower sounds sort of 'marginal' to
start with. I would be very careful in loosening any of those guys.
- 'Doc

Unless I missed something when I described the tower, what is marginal ?
The first section of tower is set in a yard of cement as described in the
Rohn booklet. Also they only require two sets of guy wires up to 70 feet.
I live in the middle of North Carolina so a large build up of ice or very
high winds ( say over 90 mph) would be unusual.