Old August 21st 09, 05:55 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.news-media,alt.religion.christian,alt.politics.economics
Michael Coburn Michael Coburn is offline

Default (OT) : Dealing with the theInconvenient Truths of Obama-Care©

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:00:03 -0700, ~ RHF wrote:

On Aug 20, 5:46Â*pm, Michael Coburn wrote:
On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 13:39:39 -0400, Beam Me Up Scotty wrote:

wrote:
On Aug 19, 10:47 pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
I want to know what is so difficult about reading a 1000 page,
double spaced, single sided bill, when your kid can read 1000 pages
of Harry Potter in under a week (double sided pages, in much
smaller print, and single spaced). Â*And BTW, it's their JOB to read
these bills. We don't pay them to make stupid remarks on
television.
That is not what I learned from my high school Social Studies
teacher. We were taught that the House and Senate were subdivided
into committees. Â*Legislators were expected to be expertly
knowledgeable only about the bills reported out of their committees,
not all bills. The "READ THE BILL!" rablle rouserrs are just
displaying their own stupidity and ignorance.

Why have them all vote, if they have no clue what they are voting
for? It would be suffecient to have those "expertly knowledgeable
only about the bills" vote for the entire congress......

The representatives of the people do not need to read the legal version
in order to be fully aware of what is in the bill. Â*The American people
should also have a PLAIN TALK version of the bill. Â*The "expertly
knowledgeable are on the committees that draft the bill and haggle out
what is in the bill in the committees. The market up version is then
ready for debate and amendment. Â*The knowledge of what is in the
version "reported out" of the committee and of all the proposed
amendments are the responsibility of the caucus that will assign
different staff members and House members to each such task in order to
produce a more intelligible shorter version of the legalese.

The interesting part is that the House currently is composed of the
legislative assembly (the committees) which actually produces proposed
legislation, and the representative assembly who are to understand what
is in the proposed legislation so that they may communicate with their
constituency and vote on the proposed legislation. Â*I think you are
claiming that the representatives of the people should not have any
voice in what the APPOINTED and ANOINTED few might decide. Â*You MUST be
a latter day Republican.

I think we see who's ignorant. We could vote on it but the few here
that are "expertly knowledgeable only about" your infinite stupidity
need read your posts to determine that.

- I find most of the rightarded posts to be outright - lies concerning
the actual proposed legislation. -Â*It isn't ignorance.
-Â*It is outright lying.

OK so "End-of-Life" Counseling is NOT in the Obama-Care© Bills.

Actually, there IS a proposal in HR 3200 to COVER such counseling if the
insured person wishes to "counsel". It is not mandatory.

OK so Half or the Cost of Obama-Care© is NOT going to be Paid for by
Reductions in Medicare Spending for America's Senior Citizens.

Why don't you show us some data or a cite for this stupid claim?

--
"Those are my opinions and you can't have em" -- Bart Simpson