Old August 21st 09, 04:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default MFJ-269 Antenna Analyzer experience

Michael Coslo wrote:
Ian Wade G3NRW wrote:

The other nice thing about the 4170 is the ability to control it
remotely. With the 4170 connected to the antenna system in the shack and
controlled by a local PC, it's then possible to remotely access the PC
from a cheapy notebook in the backyard. You can make antenna adjustments
out in the yard and see the effects of the changes immediately, without
having to repeatedly walk back indoors to look at the 4170 PC. This
feature alone has saved me a *lot* of time:

I tend to make my SWR readings right at the antenna, whenever possible.
That length of coax to the xceiver will only make it look better in most
cases.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -

One of the advantages of the 4170 is the ability to calibrate out the
effects of the feedline.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.