Old August 21st 09, 04:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob[_24_] Bob[_24_] is offline

Default MFJ-269 Antenna Analyzer experience

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 11:29:16 +0800, "Peter" wrote:

Hi all

I'm looking at purchasing an MFJ269 antenna analyser and keen to hear
experience of others in this group regarding this or similar analysers.
Appears to be ideal if it is as good as MFJ claim.

My only complaint is the little switch on the face of the unit that is
depressed to enable measuring UHF SWR. It must be depressed ONLY if
the unit is already powered up. If it is depressed before you power
up, as I understand, some of the solid state parts may burn out when
you power up. The 259 model does not have this problem, as it only
measures up through the VHF range.

Operation is limited in the UHF range of about 415-470 MHz -- you can
only take SWR measurements.

Bob
k5qwg