Old August 22nd 09, 04:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Do I Insulate the yagi boom from the mast

barett wrote:
I am causing TVI at the moment and I was told that if I insulated the beam
from the mast and choked the coax just below the beam it would guarantee to
solve my TVI problem and improve the efficiency of the antenna. What do you
think?

It's a lot of work to drop the beam back down to ground level to do this.

Get the guy who made the guarantee to do the work.
Don't pay him if it doesn't work.
--
73, Cecil, IEEE, OOTC, http://www.w5dxp.com