Old August 23rd 09, 06:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Dave Foreman Dave Foreman is offline

Default Shortwave Sound - sound1.mp3 (0/1)

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 17:03:04 -0500, philo wrote:

Sjouke Burry wrote:
wrote:
Can anyone identify what this is? I have been hearing it ever since I
started with shortwave radio in the late 1960's. It occurs in various
portions of the utility HF spectrum. I have tried to decode w/o
sucess.

ISH

PS Sorry this is not a photo and could be OT

Sounds and looks like slowscan tv.
Maybe security camera's?

On the antique group I opined that I *thought*
it was radio jamming (lot of that during the cold war)...as I can
recall hearing that back in the 60's
probably before there was SSTV

It's does not sound like RTTY but the the only thing else I could think
of would be facsimile ...just grasping at straws though

Kind of sounds like FAX.
Dave Foreman