Old August 25th 09, 12:12 AM
Jim Loftus Jim Loftus is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikea View Post
I traded another ham in the area my Yaesu FT-857D for a 9-month-old
Yaesu FT-450 with the built-in autotuner. I like it very well, except
that I have not been able to get the FT-450 to talk with my PC using
either a serial cable straight to the PC or a known-good Radio Shack
USB-Serial converter. Programs I've tested with are the current versions
of MixW and HRD. Both still work with the Yaesu FT-897D I still have,
but not with the FT-450.

Has anyone else here had problems with CAT to/from a Yaesu FT-450? Has
anyone here got CAT working to/from a Yaesu FT-450?

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO

Tired old sysadmin
This guy makes a cat cable that will address you're issue.

http://n5ztw.com/FT-450.htm