Old August 25th 09, 12:56 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Keith[_6_] Keith[_6_] is offline

Default what scannerto pick? Your opinion, please

Bob wrote:

I live in an apartment and am allowed NOTHING (like an antenna) come out of
my place. Also, I live in the center of San Diego CA so I'm only looking for
a 5-6 mile range.

GRE PSR-600 Scanner

GRE PSR-600 Police Scanner Radio

or a

https://www.bearcatwarehouse.com/ind...PROD&ProdID=21

BCD996T

Looking for your opinion and do I need an antenna and what kind?

Thanks,
Bob

You can get the PRO-197 for $399.00 at Radio Shack that will easily
handle SD County trunked systems. Radio Shack sells a small mobile
magmount that I have been using in my apartment near a window.

The antenna that comes with the radio should work for close by monitoring.

Mag Mount Antenna
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2102469

PRO-197
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=3348288

You can also shop Ham Radio Outlet for Uniden Scanners in SD, you
should check out the latest PSR-600 or BCD996XT.

http://hamradio.com/cgi-bin/uncgi/ase?ITEM=^ar3000|^ar8200|^ar8600|^ar7000|^ar500|^7 85D|^255|^icr10|^icr2|^icr3|^icr5|^vr500|^vr120|^b cd3956t|^bc996|^bct15|^bct8|^psr&=GO
http://preview.tinyurl.com/mt7azl

SD HRO Store
http://hamradio.com/web/stores/sandie.html

If you can buy local it is best because if you have a problem with the
product you can take it back easily for a replacement or warranty
repair. I'm right now fighting a mail order electronic firm because they
sent me the wrong part. It has been going on for 3 weeks with no
resolution.

This store might sell scanners in Vista, give them a call:
R F Parts 435 S. Pacific St. San Marcos, CA 92069
(760) 744-0700 (800) 737-2787

--
Best Regards, Keith
http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/