Old August 27th 09, 03:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
NX211 NX211 is offline

Default It is better to give than to receive.

On Aug 26, 11:51*pm, "Antti J. Ylikoski"
wrote:
Brenda Ann kirjoitti:

"Bushcraftgregg" wrote in message
On Aug 26, 6:52 pm, AC Ratone wrote:
However, you will get better reception if you give your neighbors a
case of shiny new incandescent bulbs before it is too late.

troll.

There is actually something to what he said. CFL's, even the newer, quieter
ones, put out RFI. Incandescents do not.

That being said, there will come a time when the change must be made for the
sake of the ecology (and, if not the ecology, then your power bill!).

As soon as the new LED TV's come down in price (doggone are those things
NICE!), I will be replacing our PDP sets with them, and save about 60% on
the cost of watching TV...

I have a lamp on my desk which contains a power LED, some 3 W, 235V.

It gives less light than an incancescent bulb.... More research and
development is needed. *But it doesn't seem to emit RFI.

regards, Antti J. Ylikoski
Helsinki, Finland, the EU

I plan on burning the hot, inefficient, power hungry incandescent
bulbs the rest of my life.