Old August 31st 09, 01:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default radiators

Art Unwin wrote:
On Aug 30, 5:15Â*pm, wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:
Tom, W8ji Â*apparently is an expert with antennas Â*having lectured
at Dayton and has authored many technical articles around antennas,
states that radiators must be straight for maximum efficiency,

I highly doubt he ever said anything of the sort.

As long as you turn a blind eye to what he states
then you are in good shape! But then somebody in this group
will point you to Tom's statement and you can then respond as
to what he really meant which is not what he stated.

I highly doubt that will ever happen either.

apparently
a break off from the standard ham statements of bigger is better as
well as more wire is better.

And the physical reality that antenna performance is directly related
to size in wavelengths.

It depends on your definition of "size". I prefer the term
encapsulating volume.

Yeah, sure.

snip rest

--