Old August 31st 09, 05:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default New antenna design

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 21:19:32 -0700, "Sal M. Onella"
wrote:

I ask because the phrase "military patent attorney" produced no results at
Google. The phrase "patent attorney for the military " produces exactly one
result: your post using the phrase.

Last time I checked, we don't have a single "military". We have an
Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, and some other organizations, all
under the Dept of Defense. Each have their own policies for handling
patents. For example:

Office of the Judge Advocate General
Department of the Army
Intellectual Property Office
Regulatory Law and Intellectual Property Division
901 North Stuart
Street, Arlington, VA 22203-1837.

Basically a patent attorney. It's possible that Art talked to one of
them.

www.army.mil/USAPA/epubs/pdf/p27_11.pdf
Looks old, but interesting.

I ask because the military doesn't buy from individuals. It buys from
companies.

True. However all the branches will license patents from individuals.
If they want something manufactured by a 3rd party, and they need a
patent, they will arrange for licensing (or confiscation in case of
need or secrecy). I don't wanna get into technology transfers and
royalties.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D