Old September 1st 09, 05:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal M. Onella Sal M. Onella is offline

Default true or... ?

"Dave Platt" wrote in message

snip

The
antennas "work" to some extent - that is, you can get them to radiate,
and can achieve an impedance match - but the same can be said of
almost any kind of radiating structure.

Yup. I brought a 10m dipole closer to resonance on 20m by using a clip lead
to attach one element to an eight-foot ladder that was laying in the dirt.
The tuner was able to match this mess and I had a 2000 mile QSO with 100w.

Might have been some feedline radiation in play.

Sal