Old September 4th 09, 03:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Corriolis force

Dave wrote:

"Art Unwin" wrote in message
On Sep 3, 6:14 pm, "Dave" wrote:
David, you can find the famous "exclusion principle" by Wolfgang Pauli
in any book on Quantum Mechanics.

ah, bringing the Pauli Exclusion Principle in on the discusion now, that
is a new one i think... can we now not have any of your magical
levitating diamagnetic neutrinos on an antenna in the same quantum states??

Drum roll........

From the department of everything you knew about physics is wrong
department......

The Coriolis effect upon RF radiation has some interesting other
ramifications.
Since Coriolis affects radio waves, it follows that gravity also affects
radio waves. This bring up a new and much simplified explanation for
radio propagation. As the RF spins away from the antenna, the coriolis
effect and gravity eventually pull the signal back to earth far away
from the originating point. I always thought that that silly stuff about
atmospheric layers and ionization was kind of dum anyhow.

Each time the RF hits the earth, a new point of reference is made, and
the signal bounces up with a new twist to it.

We're still working on why UHF + signals don't do this. Maybe their
twist is going the other way, so instead of coming back down, they spin
upwards never to be seen again.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -