Old September 4th 09, 05:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Drifter Drifter is offline

Default (OT) P-38 Can Opener.

dave wrote:
dxAce wrote:

wrote:

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=272474

I still have my old P-38 can opener.It is on the little chain my Dog
Tags are on.I don't tote that stuff around with me though, because I
don't tote.That chain used to grab on to my neck hairs, so I toted that
stuff in my wallet.

Still use mine to open cans all the time.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I have a Swing-a-Way with a big crank screwed to the wall.

I don't get the "minimalist" angle; who backpacks with cans?

http://www.georgia-outfitters.com/page52.shtml

Ah, no, Dave. he's talking about the little can opener, we
all carried in Nam. it came with the C's. i carried one on my
car keys for years, back in the world. after the little clip,
that keeps the claw in broke, i got bite in the leg too many
times. it's with a few other P-38's, and some of the other
crap i brought home. i still have my last Short-timer's
calendar, and my stick. also have 25 or 30 ID coins.

Drifter...