Old November 5th 03, 06:21 AM
Avery Fineman

In article ,
(Thanasis) writes:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

They have to be turned on hard, or they will rectify the RF
and cause problems ...

I was feeding the diode with 1mA. I couldn't imagine that should feed it
with ~20mA in order to be stable my oscillator.

Mike Terrell had a very good suggestion on switching diodes'
current. Lots of folks have found out that higher current levels
are absolutely needed. [me for one...:-) ]

I might suggest an alternative: The CMOS switch ICs such as Dan
Tayloe uses in his excellent Mixer for DC receivers. That CMOS
structure is designed for higher signal levels with relative isolation
of internal driving circuit to the switch portion.

I haven't tried that yet but am planning on that for next year.

Len Anderson
retired (from regular hours) electronic engineer person