Old September 6th 09, 03:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Drifter Drifter is offline

Default DX Season!

dave wrote:
dxAce wrote:

Bushcraftgregg wrote:

On Sep 5, 3:18 pm, dxAce wrote:
I've always figured that the North American DX Season kicks off with
Labor
Day.

So now is the time to get those antenna projects up in the air for the
2009-2010 DX Season!

Steve, do you still use those beverage antennas?

I remember seeing pics of it but it's been years
ago. If so, how high off the ground are/were
they?

Still using the 70' and 200' wires, transformer matched, They are 9'
off the
ground using treated 4" x 4" x 12' posts sunk 3' in the ground.

They've been up for about eight years now I think.

Contemplating putting up either some inverted vee's or an Alpha Delta
sloper so
that I might get somewhat better results out of South America.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

The sloper's a great low-angle antenna, it likes a top-loaded support if
it can get it.

Ace, i'm with Dave. not being the expert, or experience you have under
your belt here. tried a number of inverted V's. makes a nice limited
space antenna. pro-wise, not as good as a long wire. believe me, i tried
a bunch of different set-ups. the sloper works great. quiet too. but,
i'm sure you already know that. have fun.

Drifter...