Old September 6th 09, 03:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Drifter Drifter is offline

Default Top News

D. Peter Maus wrote:

(snip)

You can do a web search and come up with a couple of articles from his
school paper about the arrest, and subsequent dissolution of the case.
The reporter did a creditable job of presenting the facts without too
much editorializing. There are some very interesting points made by the
prosecutor in the case. Most of which contradict his claims made here.

The event took place on a school sanctioned road trip by his debate
team. It took place out of town, but it was a Weber State sanctioned
trip. So, his violation of trust is clear.

The hard truth is that he violated several of the student/teacher
convenants, as well as drug related laws and school policies in this
event. Whether it will have a long term impact on his thinking is,
pardon the expression, debatable.

The student paper stories have been posted here. I don't believe the
police report has. But as Bob has suggested, what good will it do now?

This guy has made a pretty good career ****ing in someone else's
Wheaties. Not that we all haven't at one time or another, but this one
seems to have made a lifestyle of it. He starts off, as he always does,
with a few on-topic and relevant posts. Remaining civil, and engaging,
but mildly baiting the room until he gets a bite. Then someone pushes
his buttons and he's off. Flailing at everyone within striking distance.

If you can go back and check his history over the last decade, or so,
you'll find that he's allied with/and befriended nearly everyone in RRS
at one time or another, only to turn on them within a two week window
and make them an ongoing blood enemy. Never fails.

Along the way, over the last decade, he's engendered sympathy, and
enmity, from nearly everyone in the room. I suspect, at times, based on
the nature of his content, to use as object lessons in his classrooms.

In the final analysis, as I once said some time ago, kicking him now,
while he's down, is unnecessary. He's proven time and again, he's
self-kicking.

Let him.

As usual, well put Peter. when he stays on topic, i enjoy his logs, and
the radio posts. when he goes off topic, i just go by, as i do any troll
post.
i have never put Mike in the bit bucket/ off topic (filter's), as yet.
he will return, as he always does. when the neo-trolls are gone, Mike
will show up again on a cold stormy night. BTW, he also stopped posting
on the yahoo groups.

Drifter...