Old September 7th 09, 12:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Dave is offline

Default Corriolis force

"Richard Harrison" wrote in message
Art wrote:
"Equilibrium is when there is no gain."

I for one appreciate that statement because from my standpoint it is the
first intelligible statement I remember from Art defining "equilibrium".
If you tip a ground-mounted vertical antenna, you lose "equilibrium"
because you disrort its normal omnidirectional pattern. The result is a
gain in some directions and a loss in others. Gain and directivity are
two sides of the same coin.

Light beams and radio beams are very similiar except light is visible.
I`ve seen no gravitational effects on light beams and were radio waves
visible, I`d wager you would see no gravitational effects on them
either. The same for the Coriolis effect.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

look at the plots, when you tip it you reduce the vertical null so you are
making it less directive. remember, the ham 'omnidirectional' use means
only in 2 dimensions... art has taken the leap to 3 dimensions!