Old September 7th 09, 03:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Coax Connectors Question

Robert11 wrote:
Do receiving only.

Have been going around a bit in trying to configure several radios and
antennas, including HF receivers and Scanners, with multiple antennas. If I
use "good" quality multi-position switches to do it, the $ are getting up a
bit.

The cheap coax switches that Radio Shack used to sell (and may still do)
will do fine. They are 75 ohm if any reasonable impedence instead of 50,
which should not matter at all for reception.

The better ones have 75 ohm dummy loads switched to the unused positions,
it helps isolate them. I use one to swtich between a dipole and satellite
TV box on my computer TV card and there is enough leakage that I don't have
to switch, the satellite box leaks through enough. :-)

Geoff.