Old September 8th 09, 06:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Grand Systems GD-6K Please Help

Samantha wrote:
Would anyone have any documentation on this Digital Display Unit?

Can you tell me what Radio(s) it is for?

Nope, but if you plug a signal generator into it, you should be able to
get it to start displaying something. Work out the difference between
the signal generator input and the display, and then you'll know what
radios you can use it with.

The Power connector isn't marked. Can anyone tell me what power it
takes and how the polarity lines up with the Two Socket Plug. (There is
a key between the two sockets.

Much like

O u O

Dunno, look at the power supply capacitors. Try giving it an input voltage
around half of what they are rated for, then try cranking it up a little
bit until you get a stable display. If there's a 7805 or something in
there, you can probably make a good guess about what voltage range it will
work with.
--scott