Old September 10th 09, 05:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Samantha Samantha is offline

Default Grand Systems GD-6K Please Help

In article ,
Bill M wrote:

Samantha wrote:

There are three RCA jacks in the back for the input.. They are labeled
H C V

I'm going to take a very wild guess and say Heterodyne Oscillator,
Carrier Oscillator and VFO.

As to how to access those points in the radio I haven't a clue.

-Bill

There are three RCA jacks in the back for the input.. They are labeled
H C V

I'm going to take a very wild guess and say Heterodyne Oscillator,
Carrier Oscillator and VFO.

As to how to access those points in the radio I haven't a clue.

-Bill

What I found out:

Power + goes to the right of the unverted U with the inverted U on the
bottom. - to the Left.
seems to start working at 9VDC. There is a 5VDC Regulator in side the
box and a 25VDC 470pf Filter cap (before the regulator). I think it is
a dual supply system. Some may take 12VDC and other take 5VDC. I
didn't crank it to 12 Volts since I wasn't sure and didn't want to burn
out the unit.

C input took a 1 - 3 volt square or sine wave and displayed from 0 to
31 MHZ. It started dropping off after that. I didn't put the sine wave
aplitude any higher that 3 Volts, though TTL would suggest a voltage of
2 to 5 Volt logic 1. it seem to pick up the signal even when it dropped
lower, but I didn't get diffinitive measurements of when it completely
dropped and no longer triggered the frequency counter / display unit.

Now, What would be the use of the H and V connections if they are indeed
Heterodyne Oscillator or VFO...

Would ALL THREE need to be hooked up? Or was it built for several
different rigs where you only had to connect up one of the RCA jacks. I
am thinking this is not the case since mine has three RCA jacks hooked
up to it and they seemed to have been with the unit since i got in a box
of stuff from an estate sale.

Thanks in advance for all your help!!!

Hope to hear more ideas!!