Old September 10th 09, 06:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Bill M[_2_] Bill M[_2_] is offline

Default Grand Systems GD-6K Please Help

Samantha wrote:

Now, What would be the use of the H and V connections if they are indeed
Heterodyne Oscillator or VFO...

Would ALL THREE need to be hooked up? Or was it built for several
different rigs where you only had to connect up one of the RCA jacks. I
am thinking this is not the case since mine has three RCA jacks hooked
up to it and they seemed to have been with the unit since i got in a box
of stuff from an estate sale.

Thanks in advance for all your help!!!

Hope to hear more ideas!!

Well, as I indicated I was only guessing. And I still am.

For the unit to measure the actual frequency it needs to combine the H C
and V. Thats not necessarily found at any particular point in a
receiver. The actual frequency of the receive signal disappears beyond
the RF amp stage in a superhet radio. (A transmitter is different since
these are combined in order to transmit.)

The lashup is probably universal to many rigs. Not in the sense that
you use one single input versus another but that different radios would
have different frequencies for the heterodyne Osc, VFO, etc. You have
to combine them all to get the correct readout.

-Bill