Old September 10th 09, 06:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected][_2_] miso@sushi.com[_2_] is offline

Default (OT) Free To Air Satellite TV

On Sep 9, 5:49*am, wrote:
I don't know for sure, but I think three foot satellite dishes have been
outlawed here in Jackson,Mississippi.About nine years ago, with my WebTV
box, I could view a taped replay/digitally recorded/whatever, of a news
weather and sports tv program from a tv station in Dublin,Ireland.Of
course it was a sort of a stop action/break action viewing experience,
if you know what I mean? miso, can you actually pick up live Ireland and
Scotland (Wales too) tv with your satellite equipment? in good quality?
cuhulin

CONUS, there are no restrictions on dishes 1 meter or less, per FCC
and thus federal law. You may be able to use larger dishes, but
anything over 1 meter is subject to local restrictions. I wouldn't go
bigger than 1.2 meters.

The small dishes used by Dish or Direct won't cut it.

Many of the shows on FTA are available on the net. I haven't seen it
happen in the US, but the DoD has bought time on satellites targeted
to the EU and put UAV video on them.

I have a suspicion you will like the Saturday Night Knife and Gun
Show.
http://www.knifeandgunshow.com/