Old September 12th 09, 07:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
christofire christofire is offline

Default Spherical radiation pattern

"Richard Clark" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 17:50:52 +0100, "christofire"
wrote:

Have you ever built one and measured its radiation pattern?

Hi Chris,

Others have - the design is not unique to me and has been around for
years. I modeled it to merely confirm those reports and that was
rather simply accomplished. I have reported these results to
interested parties here for the last 10 to 15 years. I am under no
illusion that Art has ever used that data as a resource, otherwise it
would undercut his claim of novelty.

I've no doubt that other designs meeting your terse requirements could
be rummaged up. I have no presumption that NEC fails for this one
specific design that is ordinary in every regard to conventional
modeling. At a minimum this is only 4 wires. As such, I am
satisfied.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Good. Maybe this will encourage Art to have a go at my challenge by
applying his own theories then.

I had seen papers about inverted F antennas before (at an IEE or IET
symposium some ten years ago), and I vaguely recall hearing that some
manufacturers use them in mobile phones, but I'd never seen a pattern as
uniform as the result of your simulation.

Chris