Old November 7th 03, 12:05 PM
Paul Burridge

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 21:45:47 -0800, Dr. Anton Squeegee
wrote:

In article , uk-
says...

HI THERE
Just a thought , I have often made my own alum boxes , for projects
that I have built myself , and have always wanted to solder
the edges shut , for a more pleasing look ,
or sometimes solder two pieces together.

snip

Won't happen. Or at least no one that I know of, in 20+ years of
hamateur activity, has ever managed to do it.

The only way I know of to seamlessly join pieces of aluminum, as
you describe, is by welding them. To do so, my understanding is that you
need special equipment and an inert gas environment.

Indeed. The TIG welding process is ideal for this, particularly if a
professional finish is important. But the kit *is* expensive and
there's a bit of a skill to be picked up (not *that* difficult,
though).
--

Q: Why does Mike Tyson cry during sex?
A: It's the pepper spray.