Old September 16th 09, 01:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default G.E.Superadio I

Working in that battery factory, we had to wear heavy rubber steel toe
boots and whatever material our uniforms were made of, the battery acid
didn't eat them up, and we had to wear long vinyl plastic gloves.Some of
the roller lines, some of the rollers wouldn't turn/revolve, so we had a
little pump up plastic garden sprayer, we had to spray oil on the
lines/rollers so we could slide those batteries on to and off of the
lines. One time, one of those extra heavy batteries slipped out of my
hands and landed on my left foot, it broke my middle toe in two places.

That battery factory was the most fun place I ever worked at before.I
always listened to talk shows on my radio.Joyce Creel used to run and
unplug my radio.We would cuss each other out.One time she accidently
knocked my radio over and bent the antenna.I told her, Don't worry about
it.I straightened the antenna out good enough.Her mom worked there too,
but they wouldn't aknowledge each other.
That battery factory opened in 1961, it closed down about thirty or
thirty five years later.
cuhulin