Old September 16th 09, 08:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default G.E.Superadio I

Bob Dobbs wrote:
dave wrote:
wrote:
One time, I was trying to clean some battery corrosion out of an old
aluminum flashlight.I poured a little bit (about a spoon full) of that
pure Sulphuric acid in there.Immediatelly, it got HOT and smoke started
coming out of there.I dropped the flashlight and I ran out of my
shed.That stuff is Dangerous!
cuhulin

Try white vinegar next time.

Even better to try and neutralize the acidic battery juice than vinegar,
an acid itself, would be to use dish washing detergent, a base.

Flashlight batteries are full of alkaline, not acid. That's why you use
acid to clean up when one leaks. Then you flush with water. Then a
little isopropyl alcohol to flush the ater away.