Old November 22nd 03, 06:34 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Stinger" wrote in message
.. .
Sit on a cactus or something, Wes? You seem a little edgy.

Nobody is forced to buy into a neighborhood with covenants. One can do
exactly what you have done and buy some distance from your neighbors.
That's great if it works out for you.

However, my case is obviously different from yours. The home where I now
live is not the home I will own when I retire. I won't need nearly as

many
bedrooms, etc., and it will be out on an acreage I own (that's currently a
little farther than I care to commute to my job). Living in a good
neighborhood with covenants makes sense for me right now, because I do

want
to protect the hefty investment I've made in my home, specifically because

do intend to sell it someday.

There are often good communities without covenants, where your property
values do increase and the sale of a home is relatively easy. This lets you
"have your cake and eat it too". You could put up that antenna now and take
it down when it is time to sell.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE