Old September 21st 09, 12:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mike Mc Manus Mike Mc Manus is offline

Default First radio

On Sep 21, 3:38*am, JimK wrote:
Hello, I'm interested in trying shortwave listening. I have narrowed
my choices to the Kaito 1103, and Sony SW7600GR.

I would very much appreciate any opinions on which you prefer, and
why.

Also, is lack of wide/narrow switch on the Sony a problem?

Thanks.

I guess the choice of radios is based on what you like to listen to.
The Kaito is good for broadcasting on SW and the Sony is good for
Single sideband. Note that Sony is getting very hard to get parts for
if the radio goes bad. The Sony is more expensive than the Kaito. The
Sony is built sturdier. Get a chance to see and hadle both radios if
you can.
Mike