Old September 23rd 09, 02:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
alavarre alavarre is offline

Default Icom RS-92 "product id"

Hi, I bought the IC-92 AD and its software RS-92, which comes on a CD.
It's been a year, been busy, hadn't had a time to mess with the
software. The radio is daunting enough.

Now I try to install from the CD. It wants a "Product ID".

But there IS no product ID. There is a serial # for the radio and the
CD, there is a CD number, there are model numbers. But what the heck
is the Product ID?

Of course, there is no help file, no README, no clue. Googling and
trying to download the software again fail...

Total cognitive dissonance. Can anyone help? Rest assured I have done
the customer support routine without success. They are probably as
confounded as I.... :-(

Cheers, Andy