Old September 24th 09, 09:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
nurk_fred2000 nurk_fred2000 is offline

Default Grundig G3

On Sep 24, 9:25*am, SW4ever wrote:
Just purchased a G3 yesterday, and put it through its paces last
evening and this morning. Afraid to say it does not compare to the E/
G5 that I traded in. SSB is so touchy that ham signals are a pain to
resolve, and so far Sync detection jumps all over the place and
doesn't help at all on AM except in a few very limited cases.
Electrical interference at my location can be horrendous, and the E3
proves it. Spurios electrical interference trashes any possibility of
using the SSB mode. AM shortwave appears to be not too bad but nearby
AM band station ghosts through into SW and even FM !!
The G5 had none of these problems, and though it has a few less
"features", it is a far superior receiver IMHO.
The G3 goes back for a refund shortly. Too bad. The G5 is a good
receiver, and the Satellit 750, which I own, is a very fine receiver,
and I am rather disappointed with Eton/Grundig that they did not, in
MHO, come up with a very good *offering in the G3.
Good Listening from SW4ever...

***was it the Buzz Aldrin Limited Edition...?...*grin*