Old September 25th 09, 01:17 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
nc183d nc183d is offline

Default O.T. antique fan repairs needed.

All,
I know it is OT and Menning will chastise me, but here goes. I need a
repairman that replaces the head wire on old fans. By head wire I mean
the wire that runs from the base to the motor housing on old fans.
After 70 years or so, this wire starts to decay and if the fan is set
to oscillate, the wire will fray sooner. Replacing this wire requires
the motor housing to be opened up and therein lies the hitch. These
motor housings were machine-pressed together and it is a task beyond
my abilities to open them I have several fans that need this work
done. Does anyone have a repairman who is able to do this that they
can hook me up with? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
rgds,
Mark S.