Old September 26th 09, 01:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default Aluminum as a ground system

Jeff Liebermann wrote in
:

On 22 Sep 2009 23:19:40 GMT, Ed
wrote:

QUESTION: Are aluminum ground systems becoming common? Are they
reliable, even after absorbing some heavy strikes? Any other
comments?
Ed K7AAT on the Oregon Coast

I've never seen any that use aluminum wire. Everything I've seen and
what little I've done was copper wire for both mountain top and home
grounding.

You can come to Florida where you'll find the lightning supression systems
on the buildings here all use about a 1" aluminum rope to interconnect all
the spikes and tie into the building ground.

73,

Bruce