Old September 27th 09, 04:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal M. Onella Sal M. Onella is offline

Default Aluminum as a ground system

"Ed" wrote in message
. 192.196...

If you're not convinced after reading the responses, turn on your
radio the next time a lightning storm is anywhere nearby -- or for
that matter, anywhere within skip propagation range. Then explain how
it is your radio is hearing DC.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

I think we're arguing semantics on this. I spoke in pure terms... there
is no argument that Lightning itself is a DC current. The fact that it

is
so short may bring the other RF issues to play, but that is not where my
thoughts were when speaking on the DC issue..

Ever hear that the lightning strike is an oscillating series of
cloud-ground-cloud-ground currents? Sounds not too much like DC.

Sal