Old September 28th 09, 07:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann[_2_] Brenda Ann[_2_] is offline

Default (OT) No more land line phone lines in America.

"dave" wrote in message
.. .
wrote:
I was talking to my old buddy on the phone this afternoon.One of his
sons works for Bell South (at&t) here in Jackson, he is a Techinal
Engineer at the phone company.

He said in a year, there will be no more land lines phone lines in
America.When I asked him, Why? He said becouse so many people nowadays
have cell phones and land line maintnance has gotten too expensive for
the phone companies.

What a Ca - tas - toe - strope! ~ Jimmy Durante.
cuhulin

I have an old school phone line. I have measured service for
$6.50/month. You want a copper pair if you can get one, especially if
you're getting old and live alone. 9-1-1 isn't reliable any other way.

They still have to maintain landlines for their ADSL and TV over phone line
services. Don't believe for a minute that they will toss out their cash
cow(s).