Old September 30th 09, 10:57 PM
tenpenny tenpenny is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Peter Maus View Post
Brian Denley wrote:
..and what was your thinking in picking the MTA over the GMDSS? I ask
because that looks like a tough choice.

It was. I was concerned about MW sensitivity as well as upper HF. LF
is pretty much a wash around here. Only a beacon or two. And I do listen
10 meter hams, so the upper limit of the MTA, and the good MW action
down to 500k was a more desireable curve than the GMDSS with it's roll
off at 25 Mhzr and extended response down to 100k.

I may spring for the GMDSS later, to compare, but for now, the MTA
gets me precisely where I want to go.

Rare for a single antenna to meet so many needs out of the box.

Can anyone who owns the MTA (or the GMDSS) tell me about how much this antenna weighs?

Thx,
Mike McIntyre