Old September 30th 09, 05:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
George Csahanin[_3_] George Csahanin[_3_] is offline

Default fractals and HDTV antennas

Wow. Been a while. Last time I saw or wrote anything here about fractals was
over ten years ago, and someone in the group threatened to sue me/everyone
who was not a supporter of the technology.

I do know that I have seen mention of this technology relative to hand held
ATSC receivers for mobile video (cel phones, etc)

GeorgeC

"John Gilmer" wrote in message
net...
Hi:

A month or so ago I say a PBS piece on fractals. The piece claimed that
the "technology" is used to make the antennas for cell phones.

Have any amateurs used "fractal technology" to form their antennas?

Also, I note that "they" market HDTV antennas that are about the size of a
book. Do these things work? What's inside them?

Yours,

JLG