Old September 30th 09, 07:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Drifter Drifter is offline

Default Which serial numbers are good Eton E1s?

JimK wrote:
I have read that some earlier units, and that some later units also,
had problems of some kind.

What serial numbers should I be looking for?

Thanks,
JIm

Jim.

I got a note to myself here,- #3067 to #5642 were the trouble units.
now, this was from 2 or 3 years ago, so it may have added more. you
might want to check the E1XM yahoo group. mine was an early unit,
s/n 2315. have had no trouble with my unit, and i prob don't have
more than 10 hours on it. also, watch the wall-wort, some were crap.
you really should go to the yahoo group, some people went thru 3 and
4 units before getting a good one. Drake did the service on these, and
some people sent them back a few times. if i had to do it over, i would
have passed on this one. crap, one more thing, don't charge the
batteries in the radio, they had a few melt downs.

good luck.
Drifter...