Old October 1st 09, 05:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default fractals and HDTV antennas

On Oct 1, 11:30*am, Michael Coslo wrote:
Richard Clark wrote:
On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:26:54 -0400, Michael Coslo
wrote:
So you're in the Puget Sound area? I used to stay in Poulsbo fairly
often. Spent some evenings at the "Sons of Norway" club there. Coslo is
a good old Norwegian name! 8^)

So howcum you missed the Norwegian independance day parade here in
Ballard? *Largest one outside of Norway.

Oh, being in PA kinda limits my access. My Sons of Norway exposure was
mostly because a relative was a member. I really liked those folks
though. Garrison Keillor just about has them pegged - although the folks
I was around liked to party a bit more.

My favorite story from those days is how when I first meet a Norwegian,
they would tell you in a couple minutes if they like you or not. If they
like you, they next thing they do is buy you a drink. I eventually told
my father in law (the member) that we had to limit my meeting more
people to the weekends, or no more than 2 an evening.

* * * * - 73 de Mike N3LI -

I spent 3 months in Norway, they must have liked me a lot. Good thing
that happened in my youth.

Jimmie