Old October 1st 09, 09:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tim Shoppa Tim Shoppa is offline

Default Open wire feedline

On Sep 29, 3:28*pm, Michael Coslo wrote:
I certainly don't have anything against old school radios and tuners.
Dunno if you have yours this way, but I would be inclined to mount that
alligator clipped tuner coil on a nicely finished wood base, and go
really old school pretty with it. Maybe *make the coil supports out of
the same type wood turned to a dowel or maybe even polished glass or
plastic. If yer going old school, flaunt it!

Base is wood (polyurethaned pine) and coil supports are polycarbonate.

Polycarbonate is so way better than the polystyrene insulators I had
when I was a kid.

Yeah, pretty cool!

Anyhow, it's all good, old or new. Gives me a lot more to mess with
since I like both.

I am way overwhelmed with old radio stuff, would never have time to
play with the new stuff :-).

One of my neighbors (older than me but a far more recent ham than I
am) has a new LCD-screen radio and he gets all excited whenever he
finds some new software parameter he can access through twelve layers
of menu buttons on the front panel. I just kinda nod my head, I don't
want to dampen his enthusiasm, but I don't really know what he's
talking about :-).

Tim N3QE