Old October 2nd 09, 09:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Helmut Wabnig[_2_] Helmut Wabnig[_2_] is offline

Default SMALL ANTENNAS

On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 17:19:38 -0700 (PDT), Art Unwin
wrote:

This week end is going to be wet and cold, so I thought I would give
you a radiator to play with if you are willing to make something for
yourself.
Get yourself a piece of aluminum mesh used for window insect stopping
entering your house. Soak this piece of mesh in some watered down
muriatic acid (approx $5 a bottle at a hardware store This is to
remove the insulating coating so it becomes conductive. Now this mesh
is woven so it helps to compress the strands together by tapping with
a hammer. Connect a MFJ259B to the base corners and scan to see where
the resonant frequency is.
I used a 8" x5" piece of mesh and it was resonant from about 110 to
140
MHZ so it is quite broad banded and easy to find the resonance The
vertical strands carry the applied current and the capacitance square
holes in between is a electrostatic field around which the
displacement current flows. ....................

What a nonsense.

Everything resonates somewhere,
just give it n * lamda/4 dimensions.

A piece of wood would do it, when it rains.

w.