Old October 3rd 09, 03:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Default SMALL ANTENNAS

Art Unwin wrote:

Just made another similar size sample made of brass with a diamond
perforation and I got it down to 45 mhz where reactance was zero and
the resistance was 20 plus. I suppose I could get it to go below 45
Mhz with more manipulation but it is getting late. Seems like only a
few own a MFJ 259B which makes for silly questions and comments. Oh
well.

Just twigged on the key phrase "I got it down".

What is that supposed to mean? "I bent it?" or "I moved it next to this
nice old cast iron radiator"? What?

So he adjusted it in an undefined manner.

And what size "diamond perforation"? What angle? What percentage
perforation? What thickness is this sheet? (Almost a bad pun)

tom
K0TAR