Old October 3rd 09, 03:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Art Unwin Art Unwin is offline

Default SMALL ANTENNAS

On Oct 2, 9:22*pm, tom wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:

Just made another similar size sample made of brass with a diamond
perforation and I got it down to 45 mhz where reactance was zero and
the resistance was 20 plus. I suppose I could get it to go below 45
Mhz with more manipulation but it is getting late. Seems like only a
few own a MFJ 259B which makes for silly questions and comments. Oh
well.

And what were you driving it against?

Was it connected to just the center pin on the PL259?

If so, what was connected to the ground side of the instrument?

tom
K0TAR

You may have bought one but you have never used it as shown by your
silly questions.
You have lied so much in the past.
I presume you live alone or maybe you are homelessso cut a square from
the mesh on your window and introduce it to what ever you bought with
a piece of coax with a connector at one end and the shielding and
center wire separated at the other end. Yes, just for fun connect only
to the centre pin and stand back as it surely would explode. My
version of the MFJ doesn't say anything so I have to read the meter.
Since your one "says" it all ask what it is measuring! Do you think
you can do that for yourself? I imagine many hams have already tried
it and are laughing their heads off over you and your questions.