Old October 3rd 09, 09:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Antonio Vernucci Antonio Vernucci is offline

Default Fishrod anětennas - transformer and twin-lead

Good of you to notice that the 1:4 can also be viewed as 4:1 (or did
you notice?) with it reversed.

That is obvious, but in common designs there is no provision (e.g. a relay) for
reversing the transformer when operating on frequencies where the antenna
resistance is lower. So the transformer remains there as it is, doing the
opposite job of what it should do.

Working with, designing, and building BalUn applications demands a
good tool for validation. Do you have something that will measure Z
with accuracy?

No, I am not building that antenna or doing any experiment. I am only trying to
understand the rationale behind what people proposes and I am seeking advice
from people having specific experience on the issue.

73

Tony I0JX.