Old November 11th 03, 06:45 PM
K5DH

His description indicates that the circuit board (and
presumably everything on it) came out of a Heathkit
HW-16 transceiver. It was Heath's choice on tubes.

I've thought many times about doing the same thing
using the receiver section from an junked HW-16 that
I have in storage.

73,
Dean K5DH

In article ,
says...

You're not understanding my question. I asked him to explain why he
chose certain tubes, not where they came from.

If the answer is "that's all I had available", that's fine, but I'd like
to hear him say so. Otherwise, I'm curious why he chose a 6EW6, for
example, over other types. Presumably with "a bunch of dead tube
radios" he would have some options.

I did TV repair back in the '60s and '70s and the subtle differences
between tube types has always been interesting to me.

--
Bill, W7TI