Old October 6th 09, 12:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bill Baka Bill Baka is offline

Default Shortwave Time Signals - Where have they gone?

dave wrote:
Bill Baka wrote:
I remember getting it, just not when, but I do have a memory of
getting it about 3 years ago on my Hammarlund HQ-129X and RME-DB20
combination.
Last night I was using the RME to amplify signals at 27 MHz and
listening to all the CB'ers, amplified mikes and 1,000 watt plus
kickers and all. One guy had to be close because every time he keyed
he almost broke my S-meter and the rest were from much farther away.
Skip must be in.

Bill Baka

Do you know how an S Meter works? They don't slam.

Fast attack and a guy blasting my rig most definitely *slams* my S meter
harder than I want. I don't expect a bent end like I found on a Simpson
voltmeter that another guy kept forgetting to change ranges on.

Bill Baka