Old October 6th 09, 01:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
MTV[_2_] MTV[_2_] is offline

Default Focused EMP pulse?

Dan Brown?
plunk

Mike Luther wrote:
A friend of mine cited a claim in a brand new book, "The Lost Symbol" by
Dan Brown. So said, in it is a claim of a new weapon of choice that is
installed in some USA military helicopters which is cable of aiming an
actual EMP pulse at a target below that destroys computer and electronic
equipment of focus to the pulse! Same as a 'normal' 30Megavolt/Meter
EMP pulse from a nuclear device, or even a huge Solar Burst. As told me
they used it recently to silence an Email production site they had to
quickly do so that they couldn't do any other way, per this book....

Duhh .....

Few people seem to recall the last huge Solar Burst we got here in the
USA in the mid-1800's about the time of the Golden Spike. So history
says, it completely took out most of all the at-the-time telegraph
systems which all had to be rebuilt or replaced.

At any rate, can anyone here conjecture, or better still, teach me how
it would be possible to create and focus an EMP pulse that could be used
as described in an airborne delivery machine? What might the antenna be
like?

Just curious.

W5WQN