Old October 6th 09, 03:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
frank frank is offline

Default Hammarlun SP-210 speaker

Hello Ed!

Ed Engelken wrote:

The usual fix is to use a 10-watt, 70-volt line to voice coil
transformer. The 10-watt tap on a 70-volt line to voice coil
transformer will provide a decent match to a 500/600 ohm output. In a
pinch, an ordinary filament transformer will do. Get a transformer
with a 120-volt primary and 12.6-volt secondary and connect the 120-
volt winding to the receiver and the 12.6-volt winding to the speaker
and you are done! --Ed

thank you for the suggestion, I do have a spare 120V primary transformer
lying around (I live in a 240V country, so no use for it). I could also
wire my own transformer, but that would take some time.
I don't know what a line to voice coil transformer is, can you explain
better this part? Thanks a lot.
Best regards

Frank IZ8DWF