Old October 7th 09, 04:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ian White GM3SEK Ian White GM3SEK is offline

Default Transmission Line Question

AndyS Wrote:

I have a need for a quarter-wavelength transmission line at 25 ohms
impedance. My SPICE simulator tells me that I can connect two 50
ohm, quarter- wavelength transmission lines in parallel and get the
exact same performance as the needed 25 ohm line.

However, I have not seen anyone try this, nor seen it used in
equipment. Does anyone here have any experience with doing this, or
have any learned opinions as to why it might, or might not, be a
good idea ??

No problem. It's a standard technique for matching yagis, for example:

http://www.mydarc.de/dk7zb/start1.htm
(click the third item in menu list)

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK